If you are a homeowner and your home needs repairing, please contact Palm Beach County Housing and Community Development at 561-233-3624.
The mission of the Community Development Department is to plan, guide & coordinate the development of the City of South Bay.
The department will work toward implementing a master plan to attain the community's future vision, encouraging citizen participation in the planning process, assuring a firm and expedient permitting process, creating an attractive physical community appearance, and promoting a healthy economy, all of which will enhance the quality of life in South Bay.
The department will strive to provide excellent customer service in fulfilling its mission.
The Community Development Department has a diverse responsibility within the City's framework. Staff provides departmental support for the Economic Development, Code Enforcement and the Planning, Zoning and Building Divisions as well as special projects in addition to its ongoing duties.
Through this department, as a residential rehabilitation and neighborhood preservation program administration, activities are designed to assist low/moderate income homeowners in making necessary housing repairs that:
- Preserve and upgrade the existing housing stock and enhance the quality of neighborhoods;
- Promote decent, safe and sanitary housing conditions, and eliminate blighted conditions;
- Improve neighborhood cohesiveness and instill a sense of community pride within the residents;
- Enhance the aesthetic appeal of lower income neighborhoods;
- Maintain or increase property values, and stabilize or augment the tax base;
- Provide jobs in the local construction industry and increase participation by minority contractors;
- Eliminate or reduce disincentives to other neighbors able to make property improvements through conventional means.
The overall community objective is to achieve economic self-sufficiency by becoming an employment center as well as a residential community. Whether you're planning to relocate to South Bay or already a resident here, you can take advantage of the housing assistance available.
(co-sponsored by Palm Beach County Housing and Community Development)