THE CITY CLERK SERVES AS THE CUSTODIAN OF PUBLIC RECORDS.
The Office of the City Clerk is the statutory custodian entrusted with diverse duties, wherein many are performed directly by the City Clerk and~others by our staff. The City Clerk serves as Clerk to the Mayor and Commission, and to the municipal corporation with the authority to execute and emboss documents with the City's seal to make them official.
Other Duties Include:
- Prepares for and attends all City Commission meetings, including regular meetings, special workshops and joint meetings of the City Commission
- Records and transcribes the official minutes of the proceedings
- Serves as the official depository to coordinate and maintain agreements, contracts, leases, unity of titles, deeds, annexations, minutes of City Commission meetings, advisory boards and municipal laws adopted by the City Commission
- Ensures that the economic and social goals of the municipality are met and adhere to within the constraints of existing laws, maintains and processes all municipal laws and rules for archival retention, and serves as a liaison between state, municipality and residents to provide public assistance
- Attests all resolutions, ordinances, City Commission minutes adopted by the City Commission
- Attests agreements, contracts, leases and other legal instruments to which the City is party and assumes liability
- Administers oath of office to personnel required by State statute and City ordinance
- Provides public information services
- Coordinates and supervises municipal elections